We survived Randy being gone for a month. Really, truly, honestly, it wasn't that bad. We kept to our routine, and the time really flew. That is, for us on the home front. For Randy, it was a totally different story (and one I'll explain in another post). The last 24 hours, for me, were the hardest while I waited for Randy to get back. Safely. I think I was in denial about the whole thing that he was actually in INDIA (!!!). It's still very surreal to me. When we picked him up from the airport, I wasn't really prepared for the flood of emotions I would feel when I saw him and was able to hold him. It was the best feeling in the world to be a
family again. I don't want him to ever go away for that long again, but it did give me some much needed perspective and it helped me to appreciate Randy for what he brings to our family. It also made me grateful for our marriage and to have someone to share my life with (I know I'm so cliche here, but I really mean it!).
Anyway, we decided to celebrate Randy's homecoming. First, we had an incredible Seafood
Feast:

King crab legs, shrimp scampi, and halibut. Notice our homage to the
Hindu Ganesha God (a souvenir from India)
Then we went to Cornbelly's which was a blast:
2 comments:
yummy! I wanted to take Brielle to Cornbelly's if we got up there but we didn't. We should plan on going up for next year with our kids. I love the fall in UT!
I am so impressed that you did the crab legs! That is SUCH a favorite in our family!
Post a Comment