05 November 2007

100 Things I Know and Love About My Husband

1. He's a stud.

2. I admit it. I married him for his looks.

3. He's an avid runner & weight lifter.

4. And he looks pretty darn good. Did I mention he's a stud?

5. When he was 15, he ran the St. George Marathon.

6. He's ran a few half marathons since then.

7. He's an Eagle Scout.

8. When he sets a goal for himself, he completes it.

9. His dream is to compete in an Iron Man competition.

10. I probably won't let him.

11. He loves the outdoors.

12. He proposed to me in Hobble Creek Canyon; there's a trail there that we liked to hike lots when we were dating.

13. He also took me to the top of Mt. Timpanogas when we were engaged.

14. He wears dirty sneakers with everything.

15. Even when we were dating.

16. I found it kind of endearing.

17. I still find it endearing, but I definitely had to put a stop to the tapered jeans.

18. He pretty much wears anything I pick out for him.

19. He's a math genius.

20. He earned a Sterling Scholar for math in high school.

21. He can crunch numbers in his head like nobody's business.

22. I use him as my human calculator.

23. He's a hard worker.

24. I know I can always depend on him to support us and that we'll never live on the streets.

25. In May of next year, he'll be a doctor!

26. I am so proud of him.

27. I'll probably cry like a baby when I see him receive his diploma.

28. He has an amazing family.

29. I love every single one of them.

30. And he does, too!

31. He's an amazing dad.

32. Almost every night, he plays with Andrew on our bed ("big bed") with cars.

33. Andrew can now make amazing sound effects because his Dad taught him.

34. He thinks our kids are the cutest and the handsomest.

35. Just as much as I do.

36. He likes to check on the boys at night while they're sleeping.

37. He's very tender and loving with them.

38. When he doesn't have to work, he gets up with the boys so I can sleep in.

39. He does the dinner dishes and takes out the trash.

40. I've missed my dish washer and trash taker-outer since he's been away for interviews and such.

41. He's very silly.

42. I can't help but giggle when he's around.

43. On the weekends, he likes to fip through the TV channels in hopes that an Austin Powers movie is playing.

44. And as luck would have it, there usually is one.

45. I hate Austin Powers. I just put up with it because it's funny to hear Randy giggle.

46. We've seen every James Bond movie together.

47. We've seen every Jane Austen movie together.

48. More than once.

49. He won't admit it, but he loves them.

50. He is very patient.

51. Especially with me.

52. When we have our differences, we always work it out.

53. I've never heard him yell at me once.

54. I can't say the same about me.

55. I've gotten a lot better since I've been married to him.

56. I'm a better person because of Randy.

57. He's a great listener.

58. Sometimes I think he's not listening, and then he'll repeat everything back to me verbatim.

59. He loves to eat.

60. Oh man! Can he eat!

61. Just a warning: If you invite us over for dinner, prepare a lot of food.

62. His favorite foods are halibut & lobster. We make the trek to Red Lobster at least once a year, he always orders the Ultimate Feast.

63. He loves to fish (Rainbow Trout) and hunt (elk, pheasants, grouse, deer).

64. He hasn't done much of either the last four years. He hopes to pick it back up during residency.

65. He is humble.

66 He knows when to toot his own horn and when to keep quiet.

67 I've never seen him bear his testimony in Sacrament Meeting.

68 I'm always kind of shocked at his depth when he bears his testimony around his family.

69 He served a mission in Madrid, Spain.

70 It pretty much kicked his butt, but he learned how to be a man and to not quit when things get hard.

71 He served with a sister missionary named Elizabeth Stewart.

72 She later became my roomate and set us up on a blind date.

73 I wasn't too impressed our first date. I mean, with the old sneakers and tapered jeans and all.

74 We became very good friends while we dated.

75 It took him 24 dates before he kissed me.

76 I was his first kiss.

77 We got married almost exactly a year after our first date.

78. He took me to the Manti Temple.

79. We'll be married 7 years this December.

78 He likes to brag that he hasn't had a real job since we've been married.

79 He loves to camp.

80. It's his idea of a vacation.

81. Fortunately, I like to camp too.

82. He's frugal.

83. He helps me to keep my feet on the ground and to keep a budget.

84. He can touch his tongue to his nose.

85. So can I. We knew we had something when we discovered this.

86. He picked a career path that will enable him to have time for his family.

87. I will love him forever for that.

88. He loves classic rock.

89. On our way to the temple to be married, we rocked out to the Rolling Stones.

90. Other favorites are Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, and The Beatles. All music that I can stand, even though I'm a country fan myself.

91. We like to make fun of him and say he's stuck in the 70's.

92. He loves baseball and he looks forward to the World Series every year.

93. His favorite team is the Yankees.

94. He thinks Bonds is a big fat cheater; I'm glad we agree about that.

95. He's a bit of a slob.

96. He never gets irritated when he comes home to a messy house.

97. He's 30 years old today.

98. Ha Ha! You're THIRTY!!!

99. I love getting old with you....

100. Happy Birthday, Rand! I love you!

3 comments:

Cristi said...

Happy birthday Randy! Wow, 30- You ARE old! (You're next Nancy!!!)

Hill said...

That was very enlightening. I like #36 I think, the one that said he likes to check on the boys at night when they are in bed. I think that is so cute. Thirty, wow, that means I'm getting older too I guess.

Natalie N said...

Happy 30th, Randy! What a sweet tribute to your husband, Nancy. You two make a great couple. Keep up the awesome work.