05 June 2008

Now Accepting Applications

A Best Friend position has just opened up; here are the qualifications:

-Must be able to be contacted at all times, whenever I get a whim to talk to you
-Must know how to take care of crying newborns when I am too tired and frustrated
-Must be able to talk sense to me when I have illogical ideas; must be forgiving when I say/do something dumb
-Must be confident, have strong opinions, and know exactly who you are
-Must have excellent taste in fashion, both in clothing and home decor; must let me steal your good ideas
-Must go on shopping trips with me and help me to justify expensive shoe purchases
-Must be excited for me whenever I'm excited about something, and show interest in my latest project, great shopping find, etc.
-Must be able to cook well and bring my family yummy treats whenever you make them for your family
-Must be available for outings with our children to fun & new places. Must also be available when we go play at the playground
-Must love Dr. Laura, Jane Austen, fudge brownies, and kettle corn. And most importantly, you must love being a wife & mom

If you meet ALL of these qualifications and are interested in the position, please contact me.

You've got some big, fashionable, shoes to fill.....

Medical school wouldn't have been as wonderful (or as bearable) without this girl. I will miss her terribly.

4 comments:

Adair said...

Nancy, this is the sweetest post. I got so sad for you as I was reading it. Best friends should NEVER EVER move away.
Now, I might not meet all the qualifications and I do live a flight of stairs aways, BUT, I do have a house stocked full of treats and own the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice (which by the way I have a pride and prejudice party yearly and you're invited).

Hill said...

wow, those are big shoes to fill...

Tammie said...

I will never fill her shoes and no one will ever be able to, but my door is always open; (for another year!)

Kendra said...

I'll be moving to Utah in about 1 1/2 months, but after reading the qualifications, I'm declining to apply. But if you are looking for someone who fits one or two of the qualifications, I'm your gal.
I had a best friend move far away once, it was the worst!