26 May 2010

Two Wheelin'


I learned how to ride my bike without training wheels when I was 5. Andrew was nearing 6, and so I prodded Randy to teach Andrew how it's done. Randy ran with him back and forth, back and forth. I did, too. We both decided....maybe next summer. But then a few days later, Andrew saw some awesome roller blades at DI. A couple of his neighborhood friends have some and he wanted them, too. I told him that he would be ready for roller blades when he could ride a bike without training wheels. That very day, he went out, got on his bike, and taught himself how to ride. He didn't want my help at all. He was a bound and determined little man, and he did it! It took him a couple of days to learn how to turn, but after that, he was a pro at it!

No comments: