05 May 2007

Little League Adventures

Being the nut that I am, I signed up Andrew in little league sports (soccer, T-ball, kickball) for the WHOLE summer. Today was his first day of soccer and he had Grandma, Dad, Baby Brother, and me as his cheering squad. As soon as he entered the giant indoor field house, he ran around like a banshee-kicking the cones and soccer balls. Then they did roll call and broke into groups, that's when the real fun began.....

He didn't want to kick the ball with his group.

He didn't want to play "follow the coach" around the cones.

He didn't want to kick the ball into the goal.

Instead, he......

Threw a real nice tantrum, and I was so proud.

Kicked the ball by himself all over the field, and refused to share the ball with anyone else.

When given the option to either listen to his coach or go home, he chose to go home. Yeah, Love and Logic works real well.

My plan for next week:
1. Give it one more chance before asking for my money back.
2. Tote Josh in the Baby Bjorn, pretend I'm the little kid, do everything the coach asks me to do, and hope Andrew follows my lead.
3. Spend Family Night practicing.
4. Spend more time with him during the week, maybe he's not getting enough attention and he's acting out (he recently has also refused going to Nursery).



Oh, the joys of parenting.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Nancy that post cracked me up! I am still laughing, the joys of a 2 year old.