We even ran into a rattler; it was already dead.
Throwing rocks in the water is Josh's #1 favorite pasttime.
They loved the tent
Josh threw some pretty sweet tantrums. He also won the "Get the Dirtiest" contest.
We made Tin-Foil dinners, Andrew helped Dad with the fire.
The boys had fun drawing pictures with chalk:
All was going well until it was time to turn in. Now that I have a bit of hindsight, I believe Josh was trying to tell us, "Where the heck is my bed, and why aren't I in it?!!" Andrew had his own sleeping bag and Josh shared with me (he had his own bed as well, but I forgot to pack his bunting and I was afraid he'd be too cold), we slept for about 3 hours and then everything fell apart. Josh would scream, we'd calm him down, get him to go back to sleep, then Andrew took his turn, he said his feet hurt. We calmed Andrew down and got him to go back to sleep, then it was Josh's turn to wake up and scream. By 4:45 am, Randy and I'd had enough fun for one night, so we hauled the kids down the mountain so they could sleep at Grandma & Grandpa's. That wasn't even good enough for Josh, so he went back with Randy and I to break down camp. By 9 am, we were back in Salt Lake, where Josh could finally sleep in his own bed:
**Josh has this cute little habit that I hope he never breaks. Whenever anyone (even complete strangers) asks him a question, he nods his head yes. When we asked him if we could throw him in the creek, he nodded yes.
***I think the next time we get an inkling that we want to go camping, we'll go up for the hike, the Tin-Foil dinners & roasted marhmallows, then pack up our things and go home to sleep in our own beds.
7 comments:
Sorry the night didn't turn out so well! How was Andrew's B-day?
Your story is the #1 reason I haven't taken my kids camping EVERY time my mom asks us to join them. We go with them for some play time, dinner, and they bathe our kids in their trailer and head home. Not going to attempt the tent thing just yet. =)
Bren wanted to go camping before work too, and I just thought to myself, nope, no thanks,,, let's just do a little hike and call it a day. He can't wait til they're older and can sleep well enough in a tent.. Sorry your trip was a no sleeper. Things are looking good with your cute boys.
Oh Nancy, your camping story is too funny! But now I have to admit that I'm scared b/c we're taking the kids camping tomorrow... Sounds like I might need to pack the benadryl. ha ha. Just kidding! Wish us luck! :)
Hey Nancy, Its me Rena. I was going through blogs and came across your. You have the cutest boys ever. I would love to get together with you sometime. We just moved back to Utah from Wisconsin. Here is my email address. b_rena@hotmail.com. Hope to here from you soon.
Dalt and Joe have always done okay on our camping trips. Soph, on the other hand, has only gone once, didn't fall asleep till 11. We're headed to Yellowstone in August, and the plan is to stay for a whole week...either she'll be a pro by then, or we'll be seriously sleep deprived.
Amen.
Post a Comment