07 August 2010

Getting Ready for Baby

At my 37 week appointment this week I was dialated 2 cm, 60% effaced, and the baby is at the -2 station. Progress! I'm Braxton Hicksing and cramping when I'm up and active, but nothing that a rest on the sofa with a drink of ice water can't stop. I'm fat and swollen, but otherwise feeling good. We've got 20 dinners in the deep freezer, the house is as clean as it's going to get, the baby's clothes are washed and put away, and we are stocked in all the supplies we need (I hope at least!)

Here are some pictures of the baby's room and the things I made. I'm a novice sewer, so I'm pretty proud of the projects I completed. I'm taking a hiatus from any new sewing projects until after I update my blog.





(Nevermind the toy rats you see in the room. And yep, that's the hospital bag on top of the changing table.)
The brown thing behind the swing is a fabric book sling to hold the little guy's little books.



I couldn't resist the pink and flowery print of this fabric, so I made a nursing cover with it!


And I didn't want the boys to feel left out, so I made them these blanket bags (a.k.a. quillows):



7 comments:

Lindsey said...

Good for you! I wish you success with number 3, that was a big adjustment for me! Good luck!

Becky said...

His room is soo cute, Nancy!!!

I especially love the car seat cover. I bought one on Etsy before we had Emmy and it was such a GREAT thing to have! :)

Love you, I'm rooting for the 18th! haha

Shellie said...

Holy moly you are amazing.

Kathy said...

Beautiful! Looks like your all ready for your new arrival! 3 is a big adjustment, but I'm sure the boys will be a big help. Hope we can see you soon!

Mary said...

Wow! You have turned into quite the sewer! I wish I could have been there to help!

Adair said...

I'm so glad you posted Nancy. I have thought of you so often and wondered how close you were to having this little baby and you are so close! I'm so excited for you and this new little one. I know I have told you this, but I very much admire what a good and put together mom you are. I'm not quite sure I will ever be one of those moms. I was going to tell you I want to bring dinner over to you and meet the sweet little one when he comes, but it looks like you have got dinner covered. I guess I will just come with a gift and a peek:)

Cristi said...

Everything looks amazing! Seriously great ideas and so cute. I wish I was there to steal some of your ideas and talents, I mean help you out!