06 January 2009

My Mantra

I didn't get half of the things on my "to do" list done today. Basic things like the laundry and ironing, cleaning the toilet and washing the kitchen floor. My day doesn't look any better tomorrow either. There is also the blog book that I want to put together, I need to update our 72 hour kits, I have about a year's worth of filing to do, oh and the budget needs to be updated...and I'm forcing myself to go to bed before 11 pm because it really does make a difference on how patient I am.

So on days like these, I have to tell myself, "I have small children. Small children are messy and require lots of attention. Small children only stay small for a short time"

So why haven't I blogged about Christmas (or Thanksgiving or Halloween or our trip to Maine)?

I have small children.

6 comments:

Hill said...

That is kind of like Lindsey's, except she says "I have too many kids." Said with love of course.

Lindsey said...

Haha, your way is much nicer than mine :) Funny that I need to do almost everything on your list too (weavils invaded our 72 hour kits somehow and the warm clothes are the wrong sizes). I usually feel good if I get one or two things done in a day that don't involve caring for the kids :)

Lorena said...

My mom says that one day you'll have a clean house, and everything on your list will be done. And you'll be so sad. And lonely. And you'll miss those messy babies.

Natalie N said...

Wow--a trip to Maine? Can't wait to hear all about it... when you get the time of course. I totally understand.

Keep smiling!

Galo Fab 5 said...

Dido to that post. :)

Carrie said...

I'm with you, Nancy! I try to chant the same thing to myself several times a day. I remember a quote from somewhere about how you can't sing all the verses of your life's song at once . . . and right now we're singing the verse of mommyhood. Let's keep relishing this time when our kids are little enough (and willing) to curl up on our laps and cuddle! (Even if it does mean the floor is coated in pretzel crumbs, which mine actually is at this moment . . . )